Apple users, as a rule, are an incredibly patient lot. Because the market is hugely dominated by Windows users, it is inevitable that most software products are initially only Windows-compatible. Most times, they have to wait weeks or months before the Mac-compatible version is released.
While WizCite for Mac is currently in the works, it will take a little time before its release. But fret not, dear Mac users. Below are some handy work-arounds which you can use instead of having to download OpenOffice (which is essentially redundant if you already have Word for Mac):
1. Publish your citations to your Profile Page
Note: For this method, users will generate the required citations as a downloadable text file. Also, before you begin, make sure that you have enabled your profile page. Go to Settings found at the top right hand corner and check the box under Profile Page Sharing Permission.
- Create a folder under Publicly Shared Collections (found at the outer left panel).
- Drag and drop the items which you want to cite into the newly created folder
- Click on the icon.
- Check all the articles and click the export icon (the icon with a green arrow)
- Select the citation format which you want and download the references as text.
In order to use WizCite on Zoho Writer:
1) Simply drag and drop the WizCite bookmarklet onto the Bookmarks Bar.
2) Log into Zoho Writer and open up a new document
3) Click on the WizCite bookmarklet on the Bookmarks Bar
4) Click on “Insert Citations” and you are ready to begin citing!
Here’s a visual guide to using Zoho Writer for WizCite: